Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Vacation: all I ever need

It's Inauguration Day and I've got the day off.

To answer your next question, no, I'm not going. Well, maybe just to get a picture of the mob scene.

Yes, it's a historical day. America gets to start being the good guy again. Oh, and there's a greater amount of melanin in the guy taking over. That really shouldn't have been an issue.

It's interesting, some people are arguing that this proves that racism really is dead. I take the opposite view. Enough racist assholes stuck their head up in the lead up to the election that a lot of closeted racists suddenly started thinking it's OK to be racist. 12 months ago I though racism was a lot more dead than I think it is today.

One of the big arguments against JFK was that he was Catholic. They thought the country would be run from Rome. Instead it pretty much killed Catholicism as a negative in a candidate.

With any luck 8 years of a black President may help kill off another grand swath of racism.

No comments: