Thursday, January 08, 2009

Do you know the muffin man?

I made reference yesterday to my cousin The Muffin Man. He's a baker.

He use to make new kinds of biscotti for Nonni's (the biscotti supplier for Starbucks).
He made wheat bread with the color, texture, flavor, and nutrition of white bread for Sara-Lee.
Now he works for Starbucks directly. He made their Oatmeal and Apple Bran muffins. He's been moved from sweets and muffins to sandwiches, cold case stuff (yoghurt, fruit cups, cheese plates, etc.) and all of the warm food (English Muffin sandwiches), Piadini (folded pizza/calzone type breakfast), and New (super secret work to launch 3/3/09).

I found out while I was in Kansas that I'd already eaten one of his new sandwiches. It's Grandma's Turkey Sandwich.

It's basically Thanksgiving leftovers between pieces of bread. Not just the turkey, but stuffing and cranberry sauce as well. It's really good.

Anyway, I'm rather proud of him.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Rather proud of him is kind of like an understatement, isn't it? No one would by MY sandwiches for $5.95.

GreenCanary said...

Totally weird, but the word verification for this comment is VERY close to The Muffin Man's REAL name. You think Blogger knows? I think it knows. The Man is on to us...

lacochran said...

So Grandma is actually some hairy dude? I'm so disillusioned.