Saturday, June 03, 2006

Quest for Hammocks

I'm looking for a hammock. I want to use the air conditioner as little as possible and with the humidity around here during the summer the worst part is lying on a mattress. What ever part of me is facing the mattress is hot and miserable while the parts that aren't are coping with the heat. So I figure I'll lose the mattress completely.
Online there are plenty of places to buy hammocks, but I really need to touch one before I buy it. One of my neighbors recommended a sporting goods store in Bethesda. Modello's or something like that. So I checked that out, found nothing, and wandered around the area checking out if any of the other bazillion stores in that area had anything useful. They didn't.

"Yeah, great story, Doug. "

Ok, I'm telling you all this to explain this next site.
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=216242.

gmap-pedometer.com takes Google Maps (maps.google.com) and allows you to mark out paths. Sometimes, the computer comes up with less than ideal maps mapquest. This lets you draw your own. When company came to town we used it to show how far we'd walked on our daily tourist march.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have another lead on a hammock out on the far end of Connecticut Ave.

No comments: