Thursday, April 10, 2008

Movie Review: The Forbidden Kingdom

Selling point 1:
Starring Jackie Chan and Jet Li

Selling point 2:
Jackie Chan plays Drunken Immortal

Really, if these two points don't sell you then this isn't your kind of movie. With what I've already said you'll either go see it or you won't.

I don't watch a lot of Kung Fu movies. Then again, I guess "a lot" is relative. I watch a lot more than grandma. Not as many as the central character in this movie. I see the really good ones like "Crouching Tiger/Hidden Dragon" and the silly ones like "Shaolin Soccer". Everything I knew about this movie going in is what I said in those first two selling points. Having now seen it I have a third selling point.

Selling point 3:
It's a Kung Fu version of The Wizard of Oz.

I won't get it on DVD, but it was still a great movie.

No comments: