Sunday, July 16, 2006

this, that, and the other

My insulation was delivered friday. (http://tigerfoam.com) It comes in two tanks like you'd expect to get freon or propane in. And they're very heavy. Saturday I loaded one on my Segway, sat on the box since there was no room to stand, rode it to the subway, and used that to get me most of the way home. I repeated that today with the other tank. It comes with a spray nozzle with two hoses. Each hose goes to one tank. The contents of the tanks combine just after leaving the nozzle. I also have goggles, a ventilator, and a full body suit.

The house is coming along nicely. Remember when I went by tuesday the bricks had just been delivered. Well, the back wall is done now and looks great. There's a huge mound of dirt in the alley that was all the dirt and sand that fell out of my wall. The mound is about thigh high. The bathroom has been torn out. I should be able to put in insulation thursday so they can seal that wall up.

I went to see Pirates of the Caribbean 2. I had faith that the reviewer in the Wichita Eagle didn't know what he was talking about. He rated it 1.5 stars. The same rating he gave Garfield 2.
PotC2 isn't as good as the original, but it's still better than the Eagle said. You'll need to have seen the original to get most of the jokes and know who these strange people are who pop in out of nowhere. Capt. Jack isn't nearly as much the sunstroke victim as he was in the original. The story draws admirably from most of the great seaman mythologies and then twists them up enough that you shouldn't use this as reference material for those myths.
For example, the kraken is better known as the giant squid and isn't nearly that big. Wikipedia has a nice entry and several pictures. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_squid)

Warning: Don't play Silent Hill 2 for 3 hours then step into the darkened hallway of an abandoned office building at 11:30 at night. You'll find you don't need to use the bathroom so bad after all.

No comments: