Sunday, July 30, 2006

movie review

The Ant Bully
I'd rank this one in with the early Pixar stuff. It was nearly as good as Toy Story or A Bug's Life. Not as many jokes that you have to have to be an amature entomologist to understand, but it also didn't have the flood of pop culture jokes that many CGI movies rely so heavily on.
What I thought I was going to see was a bug version of "Open Season". I thought the bully would be someone like the neighbor kid from "Toy Story". Instead he's just some kid being picked on by the neighborhood bully and his gang who needs someone to take it out on. The ants just know that this kid, "The Destroyer", is trashing their home. So the ants find a potion that will shrink the kid to ant size to face trial. In the course of the movie the kid learns to stop being a loner and become a part of a community and that lots of little people can bring down a giant.

The story was good, it came with a good message, I didn't feel like I wasted my money.

No comments: