Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I've almost got this shaving thing down.

Watch any old movie, or cartoons based on old movies, and you'll see someone going to the barbershop for a shave. Sometimes the barber will make up some shaving cream in a cup and apply it with a brush. Other times the barber will take a hot rag and toss it over the guy's face. The idea being that the hot water will soften the stubble so that it can be cut easily.
Since I typically shave in the shower and haven't touched shaving cream in years I've had to come up with a creative way to shave while camping in the office. So I'm using the old hot rag approach. I suppose I should mention that when they needed a strand of Superman's hair for Superman III they came to me. This is coarse stuff. I haven't found an electric razor that lasts two months before it burns out. But the hot rag treatment, along with a Mach 3 Turbo razor, seems to work well. You just have to make sure to leave the rag on long enough.

No comments: