Monday, May 24, 2010

Movie Review: Robin Hood

The trailers for this movie didn't move me. They told you very little about the movie.

OK, it's called "Robin Hood". It and a few dozen other movies. Funny, the clips chosen for this movie could be any medieval movie. There's not anything particularly Robin Hoodish about what I'm seeing.

It stars Russell Crowe. Good for him. He's a good actor.

Does it tell me anything else? No.

Were it just me, I probably would have skipped it. But between Yummy and I we made up a whole person worth of interest and went to see it. And I'm glad we did.

First of all, this isn't a Robin Hood movie. It takes place before the events of most Robin Hood movies. It's a prequel.

Second of all, this isn't a Robin Hood movie. Characters necessary for the resolution of the usual Robin Hood storyline die off early. Including Robin of Locksley.

All that said, this was a good movie. I liked it a lot. You just have to be aware that this movie is Robin Hood about as much as the recent "Alice in Wonderland" movie was Alice in Wonderland.

Probably won't buy it, but I do recommend it.

No comments: