Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Cold floor

You'll recall that I spend quite a bit of time under my house painting this insulating paint on the underside of my living room and kitchen floor. Now that the weather has turned cold I can report on my results.

At first I thought I got nothing worthwhile. The floor is still cold. However, there was an area under the house that I couldn't safely access due to poor wiring. That area remains unpainted. And if I walk barefoot over that area of the house the floor becomes noticeably colder. So the paint has an effect.

Plus, I didn't apply the paint quite as thick as I might like. I want a credit card thickness and it's closer to... well, paint. I could stand to make it thicker.

1 comment:

Der_Muffinmann said...

This has nothing to do with your floor, but if you haven't read this yet, you need to.
http://www.theonion.com/content/news/sumerians_look_on_in_confusion_as