Monday, August 04, 2008

Rick rolled wedding

First I should explain what the term "Rick Roll" means. It's a bait-and-switch gag. It's a lame practical joke make funny only due to extreme repetition. You tell someone that you have something great for them to see but it turns out to be the 80's song "Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley.

Great link (Here)

My favorite version is a re-edited version of a Muppets sketch.
In the original sketch Beaker was singing "Feelings".

Another person wrote the lyrics to look like sidewalk poetry.
http://rashy.org/government/rick-rollington.html

A friend of mine got married on 26 July. Our digital clique decided to Rick Roll the wedding. We got the DJ to que up the song for the first dance. The DJ ratted us out but the groom had him play it for a bit anyway.

Then we took the CD out and put it in the car so it played as soon as they started the car.

The gift I got him was a sheep shaped cookie jar. That's a whole different inside joke. I filled the cookie jar with fortune cookies. Each cookie had one line from the song as the fortune.

When I got back home there were 9 messages on my answering machine. Six of them were from the groom Rick Rolling my answering machine.

No comments: