Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Odd plant

This is not the best picture of this plant, but the one at the better angle was blurry.

I nicked this plant from the train station just before I left Orlando. It got jammed in a pot out front and I left it to see what it does.

First of all, it grows at a rather impressive rate.

The leaves grow at right angles in an alternating pattern. First along the X-axis and then along the Y-axis.

Along the leaves it grows tiny little buds. They break off easily and plant themselves in the ground. The initial plant was about 1/3 the size of what you see here and has nearly doubled again in size since this picture was taken. There are several smaller versions starting up in the pot as well.

If you know what kind of plant it is let me know.

I'll try to have something better tomorrow.

No comments: