Friday, August 04, 2006

Fun with cameras

I take enough pictures for work and for projects that I keep telling myself I'll finish some day that I decided to upgrade to a deluxe bad mamma-jamma of a camera when the last one got too puny to continue. One of the features that I like is the ability to adjust the shutter speed. I can leave it open for as long as a minute. This won't allow me to take the spinning stars pictures I see in astonomy magazines, but it'll work out fairly well for most other stuff.

Like this...



You can't get quality darkness in the city. You've gotta get out where neither McDonalds or Starbucks dare to roam. I set up the camera on the back of the pickup, turned on a flashlight and put my hand over the lens, walked out in front of the camera a short distance, and then moved around while uncovering the flashlight where it seemed right. The light spider over one of my faces is a firework going off in the distance.

No comments: