Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday Links: Feb 13

First of all, Happy Valenteen. I did shower. I didn't shave.

A picture of the International Space Station passing in front of the moon. [link]

Italy has it's own Terri Schiavo type case as the Prime Minister tries to put the Pope's wishes above the wishes of the family, the Italian Constitution, and the coma victim. The Prime Minister's reasoning being that she is "in the condition to have babies". At least Bush never tried THAT excuse. [link]

Pope Palpatine repeats that Evolution is true and Creation/Intelligent Design is nonsense. [link]

Coming soon: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies - an adaptation of the Jane Austen novel. [link]

An essay about Amish technology. I've only read snippets so far, but I like what I've read. [link]

"Oregon Trail" for the Apple ][ (and other Apple programs online). [link]

"Heroes" is back on. I added it to my list of online shows. [link]

The company that makes Muzak has filed for bankruptcy. The economic elevator may be set for an express trip to the basement, but at least we don't have to listen to Muzak while we go. [link]

As much as I dig on Christian Fundamentalists they still aren't as backwards as Muslim Fundamentalists. At least in this century. A Saudi woman got a year in prison and 100 lashes as punishment for getting raped. [link]

I didn't see the first Transformers movie and I probably won't see the second. You can get some idea why by looking at this. [link]

High voltage electric wires cause fluorescent bulbs to glow.[link]
I want to build a chicken wire sculpture around one (or several), wait until some super cold day, and turn the sprinklers on the chicken wire. Then take the frozen lump and place it under some high tension lines.

Torchwood season 3 trailer.

Science comedian Brian Malow.

I'll be trying this trick soon. [link]

And finally, you probably heard about the two satellites colliding. I won't get into that. But one of the satellites was an Iridium satellite. They're super shiny satellites that can be seen in the middle of the day if you know where to look. You can enter your location at http://www.heavens-above.com/ and it'll tell you what satellites are viewable in your area and when and where to look.

No comments: