Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Book Review: A Multitude of Monsters

This is the sequel to "A Malady of Magiks" which I'm pretty sure I reviewed before. You should really read the first book first.
What to say? In the first book a wizard became allergic to magic and he and his apprentice set off to save the world. The first book felt like a collection of short stories that were bound together in a book. This felt less like a collection of short stories and more like a planned book. Many of their travelling companions return for parts of the trip and new ones are introduced. By the end of the book they've reached the city they've spent two books looking for only to find the city missing.
And so on to book three.

Not brilliantly funny but amusing. Certainly more funny than this Kurt Vonnegut book I'm working my way through. If you don't see a review for "Hocus Pocus" in the next few months it's because I decided life is too short for lame books.