Thursday, April 12, 2007

Movie Review: The Reaping

I only kinda wanted to see this movie. It's an old story. Some bad ju-ju going on in some backwater town where you can hear the drumbeat of bibles being thumped all around. A priest whose faith has failed her is called in to disprove the supernatural nature of the happenings. One Biblical plague after another hits the town and they're ready to lynch some little girl over it. But the science fails and by plague 6 or 7 the ex-priest is convinced and is ready to kill the girl, too. Then there's a twist that almost makes the worn out old story so far worth it. Special effects spectacular. Another little twist. Roll credits.

It wasn't scary, I paid too much to see it and will not get it on DVD.

1 comment:

Helen Skor said...

I totally agree. I thought the story was progressing along nicely, but the "twist" wasn't any big surprise, and the final scene with the fireballs really just made me laugh. It would be fine to catch on cable, but I feel cheated after paying $10 to see it in the theaters.