Thursday, September 21, 2006

Stuff

Sorry for the lack of posts. Most of what I've had to write about has been about co-workers who read this.

The morning temperatures dropped 10 degrees this morning to 52°F (284.26°K). This lends a certain urgency to my hunt for my winter helmet. It's designed for a snowmobile rider, but it works well for riding a Segway at any temperature below 52°F (284.26°K). It's at 52°F (284.26°K), plus a cruising speed of 15MPH, that suddenly requires either a box of tissues or some sort of nose catheter. I hope to attack my bedroom/stuff storage with a team of sherpas after work. With any luck we'll find my gloves, too. As it is I had to try to make coffee with all the dexterity of a ... well, this guy.


I'm told there's some NASCAR guys visiting the soldiers today. I'm more interested in G.B. Trudeau's (Doonesbury) visit next week. I've got my 1975 copy of "The Doonesbury Chronicles" here for autographing.
Trudeau donated two of his original strips to the National Museum of Health and Medicine here on base. One was where B.D. was first wounded in Iraq and one was where the doctor who worked on him said "Your awe is thanks enough."

Gas is down below $2.50 here in DC. You'd think there was an election coming up or something. I haven't seen gas prices drop like this since Jim Jeffords left the GOP and opened the oil companies to Congressional scrutiny for their price gouging.

2 comments:

TooMuchCoffeeLady said...

Hey now! Don't go praising those a-holes for cheap gas until it's below $1.75/gallon! For the expensive grade.

Ibid said...

Praise? That came off as praise? No, no. I happen to like high gas prices. It's getting people to buy m,ore efficient cars and giving the American car makers the beating they so richly deserve for fighting higher efficiency standards for at least the last 30 years.
No, I was just commenting that the only reason the price of gas is going down is because there's an election coming up and it's the GOP that would take the beating at the polls if the price stayed high.