Friday, September 15, 2006

Have you ever heard a wallet scream?

Eric the handyman came by to collect his last check last night. About an hour before that I deposited a few paychecks in the bank. I knew this was gonna be tight. Fixing the wall was gonna be a blow to the bank account and fixing the bathroom too was gonna be pushing my luck. My original estimate of how close I was gonna squeeze it was pretty much spot on. I had a gap of about $2,000 between what I had and what I owed. I think all in all I paid this guy close to $24,000. It was worth it. Don't get me wrong. He's worked on a bunch of houses in this area and they all have as much praise for this guy's work as I do. My wall is great and my bathroom is better.

If you're in the DC area and need some work on your house you should call Eric. His number is (202)409-3820. Just give him a little time to get some sleep first.

In related news Gandolf, my african grey parrot, is back home as of last night. She was starting to go batty in the office. I kept her in an office on a secure military base for two and a half months and the only people who found out were the cleaning ladies. You may applaud now.

No comments: