Sunday, September 03, 2006

House

Thanks to tropical storm Ernesto I had to put off moving home for a day. Even going home on Saturday there was a heavy mist.
The workers finished the bathroom, but they're not done with the house yet. The back window still needs bars over it and needs to be framed in. The back porch light needs to be reinstalled. The door on the second floor needs to have a bar across it to help prevent the neighbor kids jumping out. There's also supposed to be a screen that can be pulled across the door. And the drain pipe only comes halfway down the back of the house. So they still have their tools lying everywhere. This makes rearranging furniture a bit inconvenient. So while I'm back in my house I'm still a long way from reconstructing the living space. Once the tools are gone I should be able to do enough to make space for the bird to come back.

The tank on the toilet is really tiny. The inner workings are rather complex. This won't be as easy to fix as a regular toilet. But there's not a constant stream of water running down the inside so it shouldn't build up minerals nearly as fast.
What I'm most worried about is breaking the seat. You know how on most toilets when you lift the seat it leans against the tank? Well, with this smaller tank the seat doesn't hit the tank. There's a big gap between them. So eventually it'll break off.
There's a noticable difference in the water flow between the two buttons. One is 0.8 gallons, the other is 1.6 gallons (or 3 liters vs 6 liters).
So far it seems to work pretty well.

There's still no phone line in the house. I'm here at the office to check on Gandolf, call Verizon, check my e-mail, and get my jeans.

No comments: