Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Visits with Gandolf

I'm going through my Gmail and weeding out old messages. Along the way I find things worth saving. Like these old lines from Gandolf (my parrot).

Written 15 September 2005 -

Last night Gandolf started using a new word. "RADIO!"
I was getting ready to go upstairs and put out my hand for Gandolf to climb on so she could come with me. She refused and clearly wanted to stay in her cage. As I was leaving the room she yelled "RADIO!" So I turned on the radio.

This morning before I left she reminded me "Food", "Water", and "RADIO!"


Written 6 March 2007 -

I got season two of Justice League on DVD.
In the previous episode Green Lantern and Hawkgirl finally admitted they had feelings for each other. In this episode a fleet of ships from Hawkgirl's home planet of Thanagar showed up announcing that she's a spy sent to see if our defenses could stand up to the mortal enemies of the Thanagarians.

GL: So you've been a spy all this time? Why didn't you tell me?
HG: I was on a military mission. I'd sworn an oath. You're a military man. I thought you'd understand.
GL: What else aren't you telling me?
HG: Well...
The leader of the Thanagarian fleet flies in and kisses her.

Gandolf: Ooooh. That's hard.


Written 4 August 2007 -

Monday morning I was getting ready for work and NPR was playing on the radio. They played a clip of this really high strung guy. He was speaking in a rather high pitch, barely controlled rage, monotone. His every syllable was slightly separated and enunciated.

"Con-gress needs to re-qui-re pow-er com-pan-ies to use fif-teen per-cent re-knew-a-ble en-er-gy by ..."

Gandolf jumps in with

"EX-TER-MIN-ATE! EX-TER-MIN-ATE!"

It took me a minute to catch my breath I was laughing so hard.

3 comments:

Der_Muffinmann said...

I love your Gandolf quotes. Such a smart bird.

GreenCanary said...

I love that bird so much. She is so stinkin' funny!

Sweetly Single said...

LOL She's better than some comedians

but I guess its all in the timing