Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Solar Decathlon - Archives

After the 2007 Solar Decathlon I dumped my digital camera and posted the best stuff. I've provided links back to those posts.

Discussion of home renovations with emphasis on the dual flush toilet. [link]

Discussion of induction stoves and the models available. I'm getting one when I redo my kitchen. [link]

Exterior shots of the houses from the 2007 show. LOTS of exterior shots. [link]

Aerogel. Created by NASA for insulating the Martian Pathfinder and for collecting comet particles. Now available for your home. [link]

Barn wood usage in some of the homes. [link]

Making your exposed utilities look good. [link]

A sweet outdoor plant rack and watering system. [link]

Hydroponics. [link]

Green wall were popular that year. [link]

One last thing about plants. [link]

Some interesting drains. [link]

Pictures of different kinds of window slats and why you want some. [link]

Interesting points in the winner's house. [link]

3 comments:

BrianAlt said...

I really should have considered an induction range when I bought my last one. Somehow I forgot about them when I went to buy one.

BrianAlt said...

Probably the extra grand that gave me pause...

Induction Range

Ibid said...

They're easy to forget. Home Depot just recently started making even on model available.

I'd get the two burner model. They're cheap and leave me more counter space.