Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Gaming with Gandolf

From Dec. 2005:

I picked up Star Wars: Battlefront the other day. The original, not the new one. So there I am trying to take back Lando's malt liquor factory from the Empire. Parrot's on my shoulder keeping her feet warm. She's been quiet for awhile just watching the flickering images since the rest of the lights are out. A pack of wookies goes running in front of me in hot pursuit of some villain or other. She turns to me and tells me "It's all about the Wookies."

Later:
I'm on the Wookee homeworld (don't ask me to spell it) and my character gets blown all to bits. Gandolf's response? "It'll grow back."


April 2006:

I'm playing "Mercenaries" and I took a job from Allied forces to find the entrance to some North Korean tunnels and mark them so they can perform an air strike on them. As long as I can stay clear of the blast it's an easy assignment.
So I kill a few guards at a road block, get just in view, aim the pointer at it and make the call. Three jets fly over and drop bombs. BOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOM. A big fireball and the tunnel entrance is gone. Gandolf looks over at me from the window she's been hanging out by and says in a deep, slow voice like one might expect from a couple farmers leaning on a fence chewing straw and discussing the weather, "Yyyyeah. That'd fuck it up."

2 comments:

BrianAlt said...

Kashyyyk

GreenCanary said...

I love that bird! She cracks me up :)