Monday, June 22, 2009

Papercraft Katamari

Yummy needed a Katamari to go with the Prince. For this I had to venture into papercraft design as well as construction. I was really quite delighted at how it turned out. Alas, by her birthday the Katamari had taken some damage. I managed to take out most of the dents, but some things couldn't be fixed. A new one had to be made. I consulted Yummy on the colors and some minor alterations were made.Both versions had bumps that you could poke at and they'd spring back. Not part of the original design, but a feature that I absolutely love.

You can download the file from http://www.savefile.com/files/2135357.

It's designed for Tabloid sized (11"x17") paper, but should would as long as both pages scale equally. Assemble the page with the red connectors first. The all green page goes around the other. If you don't glue the two pages together the bumps should be pushable.

I think it's self evident how it goes together, but I built it. Let me know if you have questions.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know this post is very old, but do you still have the file linked in this post? The link is long dead and I am desperately looking for a papercraft ball.

trogdorable@gmail.com

Ibid said...

For anyone else finding this, yes, I did have the pattern and e-mailed it. Leave a comment here and I'll do the same for you.

Nicole Galinato said...

email katamari ball please?
nickgal@stu.aii.edu