Thursday, November 11, 2010

Movie review: Megamind

The trailer.


So that pretty well covers the first 15-20 minutes of the movie. Which is good. They have a story that would make a movie all by itself and can sell the movie to potential viewers. But when you get the main story, the one that trailer feeds in to, it's a surprise. I mean, it's hardly breaking new territory, but it's fairly well told. Has a few laughs, a few more grins, explores who a super hero and a super villain are when the news crews and cartoonists aren't around. There's character development that doesn't make your girlfriend cry.

Alright. I'll give you a hint. What happens when Lex Luthor wins?

I'm starting to like Dreamworks more and more. This isn't on par with "How To Train Your Dragon", but it's a pretty solid effort. I'll probably get it on DVD. I didn't do that with Shrek.

No comments: