Thursday, June 04, 2009

Teeny birdy

Yummy had a birthday last Friday. For her birthday I got her a little birdy.

See, we'd gone out to a PetSmart some weeks back so she could meet the conures. Gandolf is a good bird, but she won't snuggle with you, let you scratch her beak, or sit on Yummy's shoulders for long. Conures are smaller and lighter so they'll climb all over you and sit on Yummy's shoulder. They're very snuggly and loving creatures.

One conure in particular was extra friendly and Yummy fell in love. I offered to get it several times but she always said it was too expensive. So last Thursday I went to buy it and leave it there.

I tell Yummy that she can't dawdle on the way over after work. I tell her we need to pick up her gift before they close. I do this to drive her nuts. I do this so she'll spend the whole day getting keyed up and excited.

We drive there in her car but with me giving directions. We pull in to the parking log of the mini-mall and she still hasn't guessed. We walk in the door and she stops.

"You either got me the blind fishie or something way too expensive."
"It's that second one."

So she went into the bird room to wait with the birdie while I hunted down the manager.

Now, her father doesn't like animals in his house. He grudgingly accepts her kitty. So the teeny bird has to stay at my place and keep Gandolf company. This isn't actually a picture of our two birdies. Someone else has these same to breeds and posted it online for me to steal.

The question we put to you is what we should name it.
Originally she saw that it's head is kind of square and named it Herman Munster which became Herman Meunster Cheese.
I suggested naming it Archimedes after Merlin's owl.
At the moment I've been calling it Fweep.
One in the pet store was Sandra Day O'Conure. Yummy suggested we name ours Sarah Conure after the woman from the Terminator movies.

We're asking for other suggestions.

p.s. - Last night we also tossed around Lil' Thracknar the Destroyer.

2 comments:

BrianAlt said...

I would go with one of her suggestions.

There's also Sinead O'Conure.

How about Con Your Friends?

I hear they have really good rhythm. Perhaps you can teach it to dance?

Ibid said...

They kind of have to teach themselves to dance. Gandolf has been known to rock out for short periods. My last conure would get down to "We Didn't Start the Fire".