Friday, March 27, 2009

Friday links: March 27

Pictures of the exploding undersea volcano near Tonga. [link]

Rapping flight attendant. [link]

Soft drink can maker. [link]
Mine

Mad props to My Krodie and his crew for putting together this collection of this ever growing collection of images from the National Museum of Health and Medicine right here at Walter Reed Army Medical Center. [link]

While I'm at it, let my point you at their blog, A Repository for Bottled Monsters. [link]

I need to spend more time poking around this steampunk site. [link]

Game: All white jigsaw puzzle with increasingly difficult levels. [link]

"Japanese Spiderman" - a truly awful show. [link]

Season 1 of "Cosmos" is available on Hulu. [link]

Teaser for Stargate: Universe

How to take pictures of LEDs. [link]

Damn kids! Stay off my roof! [link]

Just kinda awesome (and creepy).

Pollution hunting robofish. [link]

When I was a kid Mom and Dad got me an Atari 400 and two cartridges - PacMan and BASIC. If I wanted to play anything other than PacMan I had to write it. At the time there were lots of BASIC programming books and almost as many types of BASIC. I had to learn how to read the code, figure out what they intended, and translate the command to the BASIC my computer used.
Now China and India are coming up to where we were when I was 5. You can get the technology they used here [link].
It comes with BASIC.
You can get it to play your old Nintendo games by adding this. [link]

Or you can play your old Nintendo and Super Nintendo games with this. [link]
But with this one you can't program your own stuff.

Sheep art.

There's such a thing as too much information about the President.

So Richard Dawkins was asked to speak at the University of Oklahoma. The State Senate objected and passed a condemnation of Dawkins speaking there. He came anyway and waived his fee just because he knew it'd piss off the state politicians. Now they're launching an investigation of Dawkins and the circumstances around his visit with the intent of finding something to press charges with. You can find more online. This link just hits the tail end of it. [link]

Ways that science might destroy the world. All are more convincing than CERN making black holes. [link]

1 comment:

GreenCanary said...

Hey! Japanese Spiderman was AWESOME! "Spidah-mahn!"