Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Paper clip buckyball

I recently saw where someone made a ball out of binder clips. [link] My mind locked onto it and refused to let me do anything else until I made one, too. I tried using massive clips, but I didn't have as many as I thought. The pile was big, but I needed 24 more. So I started over with small clips. You can see what I made below.



Mine isn't as colorful as the original.

To make your own you need 60 clips.
Point one grip out and leave the other against the clip.
Join them in 12 groups of 5. The grip pointing away from the clips should be used. You may want to use twist ties or something to prevent the cluster of 5 from slipping around. Makes it easier to follow what's going on if, like me, you have no color clips.
Take the grip that remains against the body of the clip and join it to 3 other clusters of 5.

No comments: