Wednesday, January 13, 2010

sick

written yesterday to inform coworkers that there's a chance I might not be in the next day:

Yesterday morning I was feeling warm and took my temperature right when I got up. Plus I was looking for any excuse not to come in to work.

This morning I woke up with a burning up in my left sinuses. The nose bleeds started before I left the house. There's a wad of immovable gunk up there that makes me keep trying to blow my nose and my throat is starting to tickle. Any other time I'd be saying that I'd probably not be coming in tomorrow and would work from home. But I'm telling you now that I DENY THIS VIRUS! I cry to the heavens that I WILL be in the office tomorrow. I will replace the very blood in my veins with DayQuil and assist the resulting polka dotted elephants in getting the Cat in the Hat to do his job and finish that cover.

Know then, that if I fail in this oath and do not show up tomorrow that it's because this is not a cold but the flu. If I'm not here tomorrow it is because my stairs are too complicated a prospect for me to navigate.



This morning's mantra:

It is by will alone I set myself in motion.
It is by the juice of DayQuil that thoughts acquire speed,
the shirt acquires stains,
stains become a warning.
It is by will alone I set myself in motion.

1 comment:

Sweetly Single said...

hope you feel better soon!