Thursday, October 26, 2006

more tiny food

Some time ago the Colonel and I were discussing how pineapples grow. I admit I was laboring under some false impressions. Did you know that pineapples don't sneak into your room and steal your breath?

Anyway, she found someone selling pineapple plants with green fruit and bought one for me and one for her family. I tried growing one for three years. The plant got to be pretty big, but no fruit.

So I watered it and let it be for a few weeks. The fruit didn't seem to get any bigger. Then it changed colors and started to fall over. So I got a knife and harvested it. After showing it around the office for a good laugh I took it home.


I just put the apple there for scale.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a cute little pineapple!

Do you seriously ride a Segway to work?

Ibid said...

Yep. Four and a half miles each way every day.