Thursday, January 19, 2012

Cat Tee Pee

Sorry this was late. It decided to post on January 19, 2011 instead of 2012. My bad.

- - -

I got Yummy a pretty good air filter for the third anniversary of our first date. The box with the air filter came in another box that just sort of sat around taking up space. But when she left me at her place a few weeks back I turned my attentions on it.


The box was 13 inches wide on the ends, 22 inches front and back with flaps on the top and bottom. I folded the front and back in half making four 11 inch segments. I marked a point (A) on each corner 6 inches above the flaps that were on the bottom of the box. The top flaps came off. From the top corners I made sure to mark (B) equal distances that left 1 inch in the middle of the 11 inch segments and 3 inches in the middle of the 13 inch segments. I drew lines connecting the points A to the points B. Those lines became the 6 corners that come down from the top. Luckily I remembered to leave flaps to overlap the neighboring cardboard. Then I cut away what I didn't want. Hot glue connected the flaps behind the neighboring sides. The bottom flaps were folded so they overlap.

The teepee was an immediate point of interest for the cats. They were torn between their love of cardboard and the need to snub anything made specifically for them.

Pinky enjoying Seamus' teepee.
Seamus walked into the teepee, turned around, stood there, and then left. He did that a few more times. And while I was in Kansas Yummy reported that he slept in there for an hour. So I'm declaring the teepee a success. Still, I think the cat wants a more comfortable floor for the hut.

p.s. - All that was written back in mid-November. Last weekend I cut up a carpet Yummy is getting rid of and put a more comfortable floor in the teepee. A few hours later I finally got to see Seamus spend a couple of hours sleeping in there.

1 comment:

lacochran's evil twin said...

"They were torn between their love of cardboard and the need to snub anything made specifically for them."

Ha! That's fantastic!