Thursday, October 29, 2009

Solar Decathlon seats

I approached the Solar Decathlon a bit different this time around. I was already familiar with most of the tech from previous Decathlons. This was good because the tour guides did jack all to tell people about them. Also, I was running low on memory so I deleted the outdoor pics and planned to return the following weekend after I had been to work and uploaded everything to my computer. But I didn't make it to work that week or get any new pictures taken. So we'll do what we can with what we have.

For no reason in particular I'm going to start with the chairs.
The top of this stool is made from the seat of old farm machinery. Old tractors usually had padding, but our farm still has old horse drawn planters and springtooths... springteeths... whatever the plural of springtooth is. And, in one of the barns is a pile of seats nearly identical to this.

We were rushed through this house faster than we would have liked. I got this picture to try to puzzle out later. I still haven't figured out how this chair folds up.

These are a coffee table, end tables, and extra seating for guests.

This house has their extra seating doubling as wall decoration. We didn't get to sit in them, but they look like your obese friends will need to use other seating.

No comments: