I haven't talked about Dougintology much. There was the posting about prayer a few months back and a mention of Towel Day, one of the few official holidays, but that's been it. It's time to expand.
Dougintology is a religion of one. It's based on the beliefs of a guy named Doug. It has a single believer, also named Doug. Only Doug can tell Doug what Doug believes. If the Pope decides that the color blue is an abomination before God all the Catholics have to change their wardrobe. But Doug will just hit the Salvation Army and stock up.
Just as the Bible worshiping faiths have their 10 Commandments Dougintology is trying to come up with 10 Bumperstickers. Partially as something to sell, but also to sum up in simple soundbite form some of the essential beliefs of The Lord Doug Almighty.
Here's what I've got nailed down in not particular order.
1) Make abortion unnecessary, not illegal.
2) Stupidity is the deadliest sin.
3) I'm wrong and so are you.
4) Science: It's about how, not who.
Here's a few others under consideration
5) Marriage: Not a government concern.
6) Science: God's toolbox.
7) Lilith was a REAL woman.
8) "Tradition" is another way of saying there's no good reason for something.
9) Sterility is a gift.
10) Violence is the first refuge of the incompetent.
I'll try not to harp on them too much, but when I'm running low on ideas of what to post I'll lean back on these bumperstickers.
If you have any other suggestions I'm open to hearing them.