Thursday, April 11, 2013

Homemade french fries

We spent all last week in Norman's house. Yummy still went to work and I put in my hours, but we did it from there. It's easier to do all the cooking and keeping us fed when it's just a weekend. For a whole week I have to keep coming up with ideas and shopping and stuff. I don't like it! So I made this from stuff I already had there.

Set oven to 400°F.
Take three potatoes. Peeling optional.
Cut them up into french fry shapes about 1/4-1/2 inch thick.
Rinse in cold water to get rid of excess starch water.
Put in bowl with a lid.
Add 3 tablespoons of oil and two tablespoons of salt.
Put on a cookie sheet as close to one layer thick as you can. Some overlapping is allowed.
Cook for 20-25 minutes. Flipping the fries halfway through is optional. I think it helps, but you may lose some product.
Add shredded cheese and some pepperoni slices. Put back in oven for 2-3 minutes.
Eat.
NO, TAKE FROM THE OVEN and THEN EAT! moron

Our first batch had a fourth tablespoon of oil and we poured it out of the pan when it didn't look like the fries were baking. I think it was probably fine, though.

This recipe makes for a decent appetizer, but we had to make another for supper. We didn't quite finish the second. Yummy repeated this with some store bought fries the next day.

No comments: