Thursday, April 16, 2009

Stuck in my head update

Last September I posted a list of songs that get stuck in my head and warped. In self defense my brain will attempt to free itself by changing the song. Either altering the words or replacing the singer.

I have expanded on this list.

1) "Proud Mary" as it would sound if sung by Bobby Pickett (Monster Mash).
Think "I was working in the lab late one night" and then transition straight into "I left a good job in the city. Working for the man every night and day."

2) Steven Wright singing "I Just Want To Celebrate"

3) Tiny Tim singing "Let's Get It On"

4) Frank Sinatra singing Marilyn Manson's "Beautiful People" or "Dope Show".

5) Gwar performing "Girl From Ipanema".

6) "This is the Song That Never Ends" as performed by T.F. Gumby, D.P. Gumby, L.R. Gumby, and Professor R.J. Gumby in six part harmony.

7) A chorus of Daleks singing assorted Christmas carols. "Silent Night" and "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" to be specific.

8) Miss Piggy singing "Please Don't Let Me be Misunderstood".
"I'm just a ham whose intentions are good..."

9) "The Song That Never Ends" as performed by Snoop Dog.

10) Sean Connery's cover of "Voodoo" by Godsmack.
"Aye'm nawt the hwan whose so faar away..."

10.1) Richard Nixon singing "Voodoo".

11) W.C Fields version of "Yellow Submarine"

12) Richard Nixon singing "I Kissed a Girl (and I liked it)".

13) Kermit the Frog singing "Don't Fear the Reaper".

14) Henry Kissinger singing "Happy Feet" (as made famous by Kermit the Frog).

15) "Fire Coming Out of the Monkey's Head" with Maurice LaMarche doing the spoken word part. (in character as The Brain, of course.) Or, for a more sinister remix, use Christopher Walken.

16) 100 chanting monks singing Marilyn Manson.

17) A rat hitting itself with a board while singing Copacabana. (thanks to "Dilbert" creator Scott Adams)

18) Celine Dion doing Flight of the Bumblebee acapella.

19) MC Hawking's cover of Tom Lehrer's "The Elements".

20) Electric Mayhem (the Muppets band) performing "Tequila". Mostly just for that bit at the very end where Animal would open his eyes really wide and yell "TA! KEY! LA!"

21) "Stuck in the Middle With You" performed by Johnny Cash
In Cash's voice think "Well I don't know why I came here tonight. I got a feeling that something ain't right."

22) Someone else suggested "Turn the Page" performed by Johnny Cash and it got stuck, too.

23) "She's Got a Ticket to Ride" by the Beatles as performed by Richard Nixon (or a Nixon impersonator).

24) "Love Me Do" by the Beatles as used in a jingle for Mt. Dew.

25) Karaoke version of "Venus" by Bananarama as performed by a Richard Nixon impersonator.
You've really gotta get the jowls flapping for the chorus.

26) "Beep Beep (Little Nash Rambler)" as sung in two part harmony by Bing Crosby (or a Crosby impersonator) and Porky Pig.
They also tried performing "Ebony and Ivory" but after the first verse Crosby says "Well, fuck this noise. I'm going outside for a smoke. Somebody get my agent on the phone".

9 comments:

Malaise Inc said...

Two things come to mind:

1. As warped as you want to appear, your mind isn't warped enough to dream up Pat Boone covering heavy metal standards2. Warp this!

BrianAlt said...

Really have a thing for Nixon?

These are good. I would recommend writing a book or recording a CD! Both?

Ibid said...

Everyone on the list has a very distinctive voice. Most I can also do a decent impression of. Nixon's voice is particularly versatile.

BrianAlt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BrianAlt said...

How about Merman singing 'Ol' Man River'?

Ibid said...

Ethel Merman?

BrianAlt said...

Yep!

Ibid said...

I had to look up Ethel Merman videos to see what she sounds like. I tried to picture what her version of "Old Man River" would sound like as I rode in to work this morning. I approve.

BrianAlt said...

Never seen the Airplane movies? "Anyone can do Merman!"

Word Verification: gyntamen

gynt amen?