Friday, September 24, 2010

Friday Links: September 24

German commercial for Star Trek. Reminds me of a Star Trek spoof I wrote a long time ago. Several times Spock put his hand on Kirk's shoulder and Kirk collapsed.
Links to several more I hadn't seen are here.

I'd like this art as stained glass windows. Well, not all of them. [link]

Doctor Who fan service of the week. [link]
Also? Jo Grant will make an appearance in "Sarah Jane Adventures".

This song was the soundtrack to one of my favorite games when I was a kid.

I'm a Neil Gaiman fan. Although, Neil, seriously, write another damn adult book. I don't read his blog but I'm a bit giddy about his Doctor Who episode. I hope it goes better than his Babylon 5 episode. Not sure what to make of this. [link]

I didn't have cable as a kid. Too far out in the country. I'd heard of Voltron but I've still never see an episode. Still. I'll be interested to see how this movie turns out. [link]

Ummmmmm...

So you think you want to be a writer. How to find time to write. [link]

How to artificially age a mirror. [link]

A popular argument against evolution and atheism is that Hitler was both. This is ruined by the fact that he was a devout Catholic and believed he was acting on what he thought were Biblical teachings. Here's a very long list of Hitler quotes trashing the "Hitler was a Darwinist" arguement. [link]
No, I don't think Hitler was a Catholic any more than I think than Fred Phelps is Christian or Osama Bin Laden in Muslim.

Woah. Dude. Bill and Ted 3? If so they better not screw it up. [link]

The Secret Service stole my car! [link]

Clothing that demands a very specific body type. On the other hand, it would be easy to patch. [link]

OMFG! The stargate from Stargate: SG1, Atlantis, and Universe is going up on the auction block in a few days. [link]
You guys didn't get me Douglas Adams' typewriter so I'm betting you won't buy me this either.
They're selling other stuff, too. [link]

Terry Pratchett, author of the Discworld series and "Good Omens" with Neil Gaiman, was recently knighted. Taking that role seriously, he has forged himself a sword using meteorite iron. [link]

Ew! This guy had a worm eating his retina. [link]

Arizona business can't fill jobs despite high unemployment. Turns out those Mexicans really weren't taking American jobs. [link]

This report about a school for young Jedis seems silly. But there is just a little bit there that indicates that they're using this to teach kids right and wrong as well. It's not just silliness. I do wish they spent more time on that aspect. [link]

I like this family. [link]

Teenie chalkboards and how to make them. [link]

Feeding an assload of hounds at once. [link]

Moving sculptures. The Machine With 23 Scraps of Paper is at the National Museum of American History. [link]

Not a bad collection considering that I've missed my blogs this week due to work.

No comments: