Thursday, January 28, 2010

Gary Freeman

Have a listen to this.

Gary Freeman

That sound was coming from my computer a week or two back. I pointed my good mic at the speakers, turned on "Audacity" (free audio editing software), cranked the gain to full, and turned a whisper into what you hear there.

In my old place my computer speakers would start making sounds from time to time even when the computer was off. Oh, the speakers were on, but the computer was off. They quite clearly played police radio transmissions from passing police cars.

This is different. It's happened several times over the years. The laptop is on, there's usually an assload of browser tabs open, the room is quiet, and I hear a very faint surfer/stoner say "gary freeman". There's also some other sounds that you might be able to hear. A sound kinda like marching feet. Another like a drum roll.

It doesn't always say the name the same way. They come at irregular intervals. Sometimes they overlap.

There's no references online of a Gary Freeman Easter Egg or computer virus. Nobody else seems to get the muttering Gary Freeman from their computer. Just me.

If you have any idea what the fuck is going on please let me know.

4 comments:

BrianAlt said...

Could be Gary Friedman.

Is this like that Beatles stuff?

Ok, seriously, no idea.

lacochran said...

At least it doesn't say "Give all your money to Gary Freeman."

... or does it? ...maybe on a different frequency?

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

Unknown said...

that happened to me before too

Anonymous said...

this happened tp me on the same day that you posted this but it's been haunting me ever since then. I think this was the spirit of Gary Freeman that died in the 1930's. I don't know if you believe in paranormal activity but that is the only is best I can tell you about it.