Thursday, May 07, 2009

Nerdiest thing you've ever done

What is the nerdiest thing you've ever done?

A friend of mine answered "Actually, the nerdiest thing I ever did was, during a 'seance' in 8th grade during a Halloween party, telling the hottest girl in school that my 15th level Cleric could raise the dead. There are times I want to go back in time and give myself a wedgie."

I'm afraid to go ahead and post my answer as it's rather difficult to top and may discourage others. I'm not sure if it was in college when I got Fortran to draw ASCII circles (Fortran has no graphics capability) OR if it was when I calculated the centripigal force of an object in Clarke (a.k.a. Geosynchronous) Orbit.

3 comments:

BrianAlt said...

I attended a sci-fi convention while I was in college and I attended a gaming convention when I was in high school.

Brandi said...

I think the nerdiest thing I've done is write Twin Peaks fan fiction (and pretty bad fiction, at that.)

By the way, happy b-day!
-Brandi

GreenCanary said...

I don't know if this is nerdy, but it IS stupid: I once confessed to a complete stranger that I had been stalking him for 8 months. I told him my stalking tactics and all of the things I had learned about him. Of course, he was totally freaked. I, of course, was totally drunk. To say that I was remorseful the next day would be an understatement. I was remorseful AND mortified.