Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Busted PC

This is to acknowledge that it is Tuesday and I forgot to come up with a post.

It's tech support day in Casa Ibid.

My laptop died and I had to get a replacement. I had to open my old one and get the drive out so I could get the data off. And there's a zillion things to reinstall.

A co-worker's hard drive died. It worked until it warms up and then shuts off. I gutted it to get at the actual drive and finally got all the data off. Now I'm trying to figure out how to get her data back to her.

Another co-worker's sister's computer died. Data recovery isn't important, but it didn't come with restore disks and the company doesn't provide them for this particular computer. It's at least 5 years old. Probably older. I'm probably gonna have to install ChromeOS or Ubuntu. Switching to that shouldn't be any harder for her to switch to as it would be to switch to the MacOS.

No comments: