Monday, August 08, 2011

Google Street View

On my way home this morning I saw the Google Street View car.

Yummy lives in Baltimore and I in DC. Since I work from home I have to go home on Mondays. I'd just turned onto a side street. I was watching traffic because that road has more traffic than a street that small and in that bad of a condition really deserves. In my peripheral vision I caught something sticking WAY up on the top of a car to my left. I thought it'd be cool if it was the Street View car, but didn't expect it to be. But sure enough, parked along the side of the road was a small, colorful car, with a camera turret sticking up like a giraffe through a sun roof. Someone was in the car, but since it wasn't moving I don't think the camera was running. It's unlikely that I'll be showing up on Google Maps anytime soon. Most pictures of the car just show a car with the camera attached to the top and some magnet labeling it as the Street View car on the side or the hood. This car looked... well...

...a bit like this.

So I got to see the car, but didn't get photographed. Yummy got photographed, but didn't see the car. My brother and his friend got busted for trying to fix the friend's car, poorly, because when they were getting parts for the car they left the hose running out to the street. The friend's wife saw the picture later and busted them for trying to fix the car in such a way that required a hose.

1 comment:

GreenCanary said...

Dude. Fix my link in your sidebar. I'm your girlfriend and you have my URL wrong. DO IT!

P.S. You would have been photographed by the Google car if you'd bent over and showed your boobs.