Thursday, December 12, 2013

Why I missed class

Back in college I was in an electronics class putting together a circuit on a breadboard. In front of me was a multimeter/oscilloscope that started making a horrible noise. I gave it a whack and it shut up. A few minutes later it started again. So I whacked it again. This repeated a few more times until I realized that it wasn't the multimeter, but an alarm clock. I was actually in bed and it was time to get up and go to class. But I was purple and spherical. I knew this. I had been purple and spherical my whole life. In fact, I was a giant grape. I realized something then. Fruit doesn't have to go to class. Because it's fruit. So I turned off my alarm, rolled over, and went back to sleep.

Now, imagine later that afternoon as I walked into my second class of the day with the teacher whose class I missed. I went over and explained to her why I missed class and the test that morning. She looked at me for a long time and said "I wish I was a giant grape." I got to make up the test.

No comments: